Base Prayer

Happy November! I'm still writing these every week, so if you're still reading them... Thank you! Thanks for having a longer attention span than I probably would (ha ha).

This week, I wanted to tell you guys about something we do at my base every Monday morning for the first hour of our work week! It's called base prayer.

Our whole base, staff and students, gathers to worship and pray together. Each week, there is a team of people who meets beforehand and asks The Lord what we should spend our prayer time on. We pray for a wide range of things from sickness within our ministry, to terrorist attacks overseas, to our government in America, etc.

This is such a sweet time to me, because my first hour of my work week is always spent agreeing with whatever is on The Lord's heart for that week. Connecting with Jesus always sets the pace of the week!

To be honest, there are times where it's tempting to just view what I do as a regular job. There are weeks where I'm at my desk all week, and it's a struggle to remember why I do what I do. These times are such a good reminder that I'm not just here to do a job! I'm here to meet with Jesus and walk with Him and agree with what's on His heart!

He speaks to us. It's so fun. He's the coolest.

I hope that these blog posts are helping give a better look into what my life as a missionary in America looks like! As always, if you have any thoughts or questions, please feel free to ask me or connect with me on a more personal level! I love the calling God has placed on my life and I LOVE sharing it with others or hearing about what God's speaking to others!

Comments

  1. You're pretty darn awesome Brecken! I tell your story to soooo many people. I ask, "Have you heard of YWAM? No? Well let me tell to you about Brecken.... " Soooo proud of you! You're half my age but twice my maturity (got that from your mom's side ☺). Love ya' | Travis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts