Spring in Kansas City

Hello! Happy Spring!

Life in Kansas City has been so crazy, but so good! In the past six months of my life, I have learned to rely on God in ways I never have before. I trust Him now more than I ever could've imagined or hoped for! It's been such a sweet thing to learn. Living away from the home I've known for the past four years has been hard, but I feel like I'm finally settling in and feeling at home in Kansas City! God has been so faithful to meet me in this time.

During my time in Kansas City, I'm working a lot in the office, getting some stuff ready to run mission camps for teenagers this summer! It's a lot of plowing away at logistical tasks, which is a little draining, but I'm excited for what it means for the teens who will be coming this summer!

This year, something God has been speaking to me and teaching me a lot about is the value of hospitality and celebration. On Easter, my brother Caleb and I hosted a big lunch and invited people who didn't have Easter plans to come eat with us, be with family, and have a time of worship together! It was such a sweet time to be able to love on and bless people in our community, and honor God's heart for family and hospitality! I'm excited about what it looks like to keep making places of community in Kansas City and to grow in carrying this part of God's heart even better.

Thanks for continuing to pray for me and support me in my ministry! It means the world to me to know that I have people all around the world who are praying for me and supporting me!

Here are some specific things you can pray for me for in this season:

1. You can pray that I would continue to gain a deeper heart for community and that God would give me creative ideas for how to be a part of making space for God-honoring community here!

2. You can pray for our teen camps this summer! My heart is that we would have our camps set up so well that there would be good space for students to hear from God and we would have sustainable systems for someone to come in in future years and be able to run camps well.

3. You can pray that I would continue to press in here when community is hard and I miss Texas :) I want to fight for community and friendships and family here even when my heart is missing my home in Texas!

Thank you all for loving and supporting me these past almost five years in missions! I love my life and I love what God allows me to be a part of and I love the support base I have! Thanks for making this life possible. I'm so grateful!

Brecken

Comments

Popular Posts