Life After a Bible School

Happy 2022! I've spent the past year doing an inductive study of the Bible, where I read through the whole Bible five times and wrote my own commentary. This was life changing in so many ways. Reading through the story of the Bible from the perspective of the original readers, and as a picture of a whole book instead of reading it in sections has given me such a new confidence in who the Lord is and in His faithfulness throughout the years!! Since the beginning of time, God has had a plan of redemption that He has been actively working towards. He has so clearly been doing everything to bring people back to His heart and to make a way for us sinners to be with Him forever. I want to start doing some blogposts about the specific things I learned about God's character during this school over the next couple weeks, but here are some of the things I have learned about Him that have been the most impactful to my daily walk and relationship with God and with others:


  1. God is faithful at every moment
  2. God knows what He is saying, so if He does not add specifics (time, people, etc.) then we are in no position to assume those things need to be added
  3. No one can ever earn God's grace, but because we are such sinful people, we have the ability to understand and experience the graciousness of God in a personal and humbling way that ultimately brings us closer to Him
  4. God gives laws out of the goodness of His heart and His deep love for His children, not out of a need to control
  5. God is the most patient being in all of history


There is obviously so much more that I have learned, and I'm sure I'll think of more that I want to add, but for now, these are the things I want to take the next couple weeks to write about and unpack where I saw them in scripture and how they are affecting my life with God and with others!


Seriously, I cannot begin to say how much this year in the Word of God has changed my life. I am so thankful that we have the Word of God to stand on and to put our hope and belief in. If anyone else has any thoughts on these things or anything else, please share! I'd love to hear more about this and be encouraged by other believers' love for the Word!


Currently at YWAM KC, I am running the kitchen on base! This means I have 6-10 students who work with me everyday, plus some staff rotating through! It's so sweet to get to walk in life and discipleship with this team while we also get to serve the students on our base by making their food for them! I'm not sure how long my season in the kitchen will be, but I am excited about what it looks like for now and the opportunity to get to run this department and serve the base, and specifically our students, in this way!

Comments

Popular Posts