Agora!

Week three of blog updates! And I haven't even skipped one yet ;)

This week I want to tell you guys about one of my favorite parts of ministry that I'm involved with here! It's called Agora.

Agora is a time where we get to hang out with our SST students who live local! Every other Monday, we get together with whatever students from the summer are close enough. We spend time worshiping together, praying for each other and hearing God together, talking about what God's teaching us throughout the year, and encouraging one another to live life to the fullest with Jesus!!!

This is our third year to host Agora, and this year The Lord has been speaking to my team about a change in leadership over it. Through some time of hearing God speak to us, we're moving forward with this and I have taken on organizing and directing Agora! It is the highlight of my week when I get to go and hang out with these teenagers for a couple hours on a Monday night.

God is moving in this next generation. These kids are on fire for Jesus and are seeking Him with their whole hearts! It is FUN to be a part of! We have about 30 kids coming every week, and each one has come to at least one SST, which means they have learned what it means to be a missionary! My team and I get to walk with them as they figure out what missional living looks like specifically in their life. It is truly an honor to get to play a role in this. What an exciting thing when God gets people's hearts from such a young age! He is so kind and intentional with His pursuit of us.

Here are some ways you can pray for me and for Agora:
-Pray that the students would come and HEAR GOD! Not just come to have fun with their friends.
-Pray that God would continue speaking to me and my team so we can best steward this opportunity He has trusted us with! I don't take this responsibility lightly. I just want Him to be honored and glorified!
-Pray that these kids would walk out relationship with Jesus with such ferocity that people around them would want it, too! Pray that our students would have boldness to speak out about what He's doing in their lives! It's exciting!!!

Thank you all for the way you continually pray for me and encourage me in so many ways. I am thankful!!!

Brecken Cromwell

P.S. Here is a picture of our Agora group for this year. Look at their cute faces! I love them!!! God is so kind for letting me hang out with these guys every couple weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts