My summer in ministry!

This summer I worked with YWAM Tyler’s summer programs for teenagers. The camp I worked was the kids’ third summer back and they were with us for three weeks! We had eight students: three boys and five girls. All five girls were in my small group and I had one-on-one conversations and discipleship with them every day!
During their first week with us, they had classes on discipleship, living life with God, and how to grow deeper in knowing His character once they went back home. One of the girls told me that after all these years of knowing Jesus, she was finally ready to commit to being His disciple for good!









Our second week with the students, we went to Washington DC. We spent a lot of time praying for our nation and learning and processing with the kids why it’s so important to care and pray for the country we live in! We also spent time wearing red tape over our mouths that said ‘life’ to stand for the children who are aborted and don’t get a voice. One evening, I was walking around the Washington Monument with one of the girls in my small group, talking and praying with people we saw. One couple we talked to was from Guatemala, and they were so excited that we were going to minister in their country! When we asked them why they were in America, they said they lived in Oklahoma City and worked with a worship ministry there. They were amazed that I was from Oklahoma City. We were so blessed to hear how God was using other people to minister in the places we grew up!
   
 
At the beginning of our third week with our students, we hopped on a plane and headed to Guatemala! It was the first time out of the country for most of our students! We worked with kids in a dump, walked kids home from a school and ministered to their families, learned about the country’s history, and every morning we had prayer and intercession with full time Guatemalan missionaries. One day, we went to Mayan ruins in a village called Tecpan where black magic is still practiced. We got to pray in the name of Jesus in that place of spiritual stronghold. God met with us and spoke so much during that time! It was so sweet to see the students pushing through their fear and discomfort in order to love the people of Guatemala.



Right now I’m finishing up some time in Oklahoma with my family. This September I’ll be back down in East Texas working on connecting with teenagers and learning better how to love them and empower them to know Jesus! We’re starting something called Agora, where we meet with teenagers in our area who have done camps with us. We’ll meet with them every other week to pray with them, listen to what God’s doing in their lives, and grow closer to The Lord with them! I’m so excited for what God has for me in this next season! Thank you for praying for me through my new life!

Brecken Cromwell

If you have any questions or just want to talk to me, I would love that! Here are some ways to get ahold of me.
Address:
Brecken Cromwell
PO Box 3000
Garden Valley, TX 75771

Comments

Popular Posts