God is speaking!

1 Peter 1:8
Though you have not seen Him, you love Him. Though you do not now see Him, you believe in Him  and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory…”

This is the joy that is available to us! A joy that is inexpressible. A joy that is filled with glory. THAT is the kind of joy I want to have! THAT is the kind of joy I pray each of you find, as well!

The Lord has been teaching me about joy lately, so I wanted to share with you some of what I have learned.

It is nearly impossible not to be filled with joy when I choose to set my eyes on the glory of God and the things He is. Not only the things He’s done, but the core attributes of who He is!
Living in a broken world, we know that things go wrong every day. The coffee pot breaks when you’re already running late to work, someone comments something untasteful on your Facebook status, someone else took the last bag of your favorite chips at Walmart, someone cut you off in traffic. Nothing seems to be going right.
Then, of course, there are the bigger things. You can’t pay the bills this month, someone you love passes away, your friend walks away from you in a time of need, you get into a car accident, your family doesn’t approve of you, etc. The bad things never seem to end!
So, friends, I would encourage you to set your eyes on the things that are constant, and constantly good. Let’s remember some of the attributes of The Lord. The verses that come to mind are from Exodus 34.

Exodus 34:6-7a The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin.

God is so good and faithful! I hope that this encourages you today as it has been encouraging me. Be blessed and know that you are loved! I pray that we all have the same response to this verse as Moses did in Exodus 34:8. Immediate worship!


Moses bowed to the ground at once and worshiped.
Exodus 34:8

Comments

  1. Hello Brecken Cromwell. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get to know you and get connected with you because of who you are in the Lord Jesus Christ. Your post is very encouraging and spirit lifting. Thank you for your reminder that our God is good and faithful. I love to get connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthen and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 36 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a l ife changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends as well as wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2016.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts