Lindale in the Fall

Lindale is BEAUTIFUL in the fall! I've never been here at this time, and I suddenly can't imagine spending another fall anywhere else. There are beautiful back roads everywhere with canopies of trees to drive under. Each sunset breaks through gorgeous orange and yellow leaves and ends up in this amazing gold color that looks like it was painted. The leaves are a constant covering on the ground, and big brown pine cones sprinkle along the top of the leaves. God's glory is so beautiful and evident everywhere I go. I can't put into words how incredible it's been.

This week was super restful, which was a huge blessing. On Friday night, we had a Thanksgiving banquet. My school served the meal to the tables of staff and their families, refilled drinks, brought out coffee for them, etc. It was so much fun. The banquet had some cute performances and videos from the kids, a few worship songs, our base leaders spoke, and it was altogether just a really fun time of fellowship.

On Saturday, my outreach team did something called a bucket run. A bucket run is when we stand at busy intersections and hold signs that say, "Help us get to the Philippines!" and some of us hold buckets out. Cars stop at red lights and give us money. We made over $400 in a few hours, and got to talk to some really cool people! However, my team still needs quite a bit of money before we leave. If you would like to donate, it would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me at breckensmissions@gmail.com if you have any questions or want to know how you can donate.

This evening we have our first stateside outreach meeting with my whole DTS and the School of Worship. I'm so excited to find out more about what we'll be doing in Louisiana and Alabama. From the little I know, we will be working with the African American community there, and a church who sent their pastor to speak at our base a couple weeks ago. It's going to be really cool to reach out to people in our own nation instead of just doing foreign outreach.

I've always had a burden for reaching people in the US, and I think people really undersell that sometimes. We have so many opportunities everyday to minister and reach out to people in our neighborhoods and workplaces and grocery stores who don't have a relationship with Jesus. It's a really cool thing that we live in a country where we have the freedom to share our faith with people. We're so blessed!

This week is Thanksgiving Break and my family is coming to stay on the base for five days. I cannot wait. If anyone knows me, you know that my heart so beats for my family. If you don't know that yet, I'm sure you'll find out very soon. I have a whole list of places I want to take them and things I want to show them. It will be such a breath of fresh air to have them here.

Once again, I want to express my deep gratitude for all the prayers sent my way. I never forget about all the amazing support and love I have from everyone back home. I wouldn't be where I am without so many people blessing me and supporting me. God has truly given me so much to be thankful for, and sometimes I'm totally in awe and completely speechless when I think of how blessed I am. Thanks to everyone loving me and loving my family in this time.

A couple things I could use prayer for:
-Discipline. Homework is a little different here than it was in high school and I want to be a responsible steward of my time and resources :)
-Funds. My team is really being stretched right now in trusting God, because the funds really aren't coming as much as we think they should be. God's plan is sovereign and His timing is perfect, so we're just trusting Him and praying that things happen how they should and when they should.
-Rest. I've really been fighting sickness lately because of how exhausted I've been. I'm working on time management and learning the value of sleeping at night.




Thanks to everyone who's reading this and praying for me. I love all of you!





"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."
Philippians 2:3-4

Comments

Popular Posts