Happy 2016!

Happy 2016, everybody!

I am so excited for what God has planned for this year. God has been speaking so much to me about new beginnings and all the new things to come with this year, and I would love to share some of that with anyone who’s willing to listen! I’ll fill you in on a few things here, however, that I’m excited about God doing.

With the beginning of the new year, I’m in a new season of life. God is speaking to me a lot about longevity, which is fitting, because I’m now working in two departments at my base, and God is showing me so much more of His character through each department individually. There’s a lot on my plate at the moment, but it’s a little hard to complain about it when you’re working to further the Kingdom of The Lord.

The first department I’m working with is our Hospitality department on base. I’ve been with this department since I first came on staff down here, so I’m a little more accustomed to it. We work with events on the base, making sure things look nice, and making sure people feel welcomed and blessed when they come to our base.

I’m also working with our SST department. In this department, our focus and goal is to affirm young people in missions. We lead outreaches and classes in the summer with high school students, teaching them to hear the voice of The Lord and to share His truth with other people! My heart is so for this ministry and for the encouragement of high schoolers striving to follow Jesus, so I couldn’t be more excited to partner with this ministry.

As always, I’m living in the girls dorm with students who come through and I’m learning how discipleship looks in a setting where it’s not scheduled. In the last group of students that came through, The Lord was speaking to me about one of the girls and how to encourage her. When I got the chance to talk to her about what God had been speaking to me, she told me that was exactly what God had been speaking to her, but she hadn’t been quite sure if it was really Him. When I obeyed and told her what He had been telling me, she was so encouraged and affirmed in what The Lord was calling her to. It blessed me as much as it blessed her! I love how The Lord uses us when we are willing and listening to His voice.


As I move forward in this new season of life, here are a few things you can be praying for:
-that God would be speaking to me about His direction for my life and relationships
-that I would find even more ways to love and encourage students coming through our training programs
-that I would continue to adjust to living away from my family
-that above all else, God’s desires would be in my heart and be the things I strive to accomplish



Matthew 24:13 “but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.”

Comments

Popular Posts